Current and Past Award Recipients
Award Recipients in 2016
|The Yutaka Seino Distinguished Leadership Award||Hong-Kyu Lee||Eulji Medical College, Korea|
- Chair Professor of Medicine, Eulji Medical College and Eulji Hospital, Seoul, Korea
- Former Chairman, Department of Biomedical Sciences, National Institute of Health, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Korean Government
- Former Head, Division of Endocrinology and metabolism, Department of Internal medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
- Awards: Namgok Award from Korean Endocrine Society and Seolwon Award from Korean Diabetes Association.
- Reason: In recognition of his outstanding
contributions to our understanding about the
relationship of mitochondria dysfunction and the
pathogenesis of diabetes, His long-term and strong
leadership in diabetic societies in Asia and scientific
associations in the world, in which he plays pivotal
roles, and the great contribution to nurturing young
scientists in Asia.